Students (both undergraduate and graduate) can apply to work as subject tutors, writing or language specialists, peer academic coaches, or Student Administrators.
All students wishing to work at the CAE must:
- Be in good academic standing;
- Submit Faculty/Staff references; and
- Submit an unofficial transcript with the most current course grades
Please review the employment and application process below:
Student Employment Process
CAE Employment Process
All applicants must follow additional guidelines in relation to the position they are applying for at the CAE.
Please review each role/position below carefully and indicate in the employment application which role(s) you are applying for.
- Complete the Center for Academic Excellence Employment Application application HERE after reviewing the job descriptions below:
- Submit a combination of three (3) faculty OR staff references. Faculty or staff can submit references online here.
- Writing Specialists Applicants: 1) Submit an academic essay with faculty feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and the grade for that essay, and 2) submit the Writing Specialist Questionnaire here.
- Language Specialist Applicants: You must major or minor in a language in order to tutor that language. If you aren’t a major or a minor and are still interested in tutoring a language, you must meet with the chair of the language department for approval to tutor.
Nominate a Tutor
Faculty are also encouraged to nominate students throughout the semester to work as tutors and can nominate students by completing the Tutor Nomination Form.