Krystal Palmer C’22 Lands Job at Bloomberg

From externship to internship to full-time job

September 2021 – First, Krystal Palmer C’22 parlayed an externship with Bloomberg into an internship. Now, it’s led to a full-time position after she graduates from Drew University a semester early this fall.

Palmer, a double major in economics and international relations, and a business minor, was initially hesitant to even apply to the externship in Bloomberg’s Financial Project Analytics and Sales Program, but found comfort having taken several business and economics courses at Drew.

Enlarge feature image

Krystal Palmer C’22
Palmer is a Baldwin Honors Scholar and CFO of Student Government

Upon completing the externship, Palmer was offered an intern position, and eventually received a full-time offer working in analytics. There she will learn the Bloomberg Terminal to reactively and proactively assist customers with the software system that gives users access to the organization’s real-time financial market data and the ability to make electronic trades.

“I’ll join a team under a specific asset class and, after gaining enough knowledge about the Terminal, I will be able to advance to a more involved analytics team before joining sales,” she explained.

Two aspects of her undergraduate experience at Drew that Palmer points to as particularly impactful are lessons in networking, which she plans to lean on as she thinks about a future at law school, and learning to challenge herself.

“Being a double major, most of my classes have been in those subjects and departments. But I’ve also been able to challenge myself to take more rigorous courses, often in subjects outside of my comfort zone. I’m being challenged now more than ever as I work to finish my senior honors thesis this semester.”

On top of it all? Palmer is the mom of a four-year old girl.

“Everything I am working toward is to show her what an ambitious woman looks like,” she said.

“I’m trying my best to raise her as a good person. It takes a village, and while my parents are my biggest source of help, there have been so many people in my path that have helped, some from Drew. For that, this community will always have a place in my heart.”

The Latest at Drew