New Student Visa Application Information
After submitting The I-20 Application and completed everything on The Enrollment Checklist, now it’s time to prepare for your student visa application. Here are the basic Visa application steps for your reference:
- Wait for your I-20 to arrive.
- Pay SEVIS FEE
– The application form and payment ($350) for the SEVIS fee can be completed online at www.FMJfee.com. Your SEVIS number is located in the upper right-hand corner of the I-20. You will need that number to register.
- Visa Application
– Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form DS-160 prior to your visa interview at the U.S. Consulate.
- Visa Appointment
– If you have not already scheduled an appointment with the U.S. Embassy, you should make arrangements to do that as soon as possible. You can visit the U.S. State Department’s website to get more information on the Student Visa application process. Select a visa appointment date (even if it is far off into the future) AND 📝email email@example.com your visa appointment receipt. If you receive an original appointment date that is AFTER the start of classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can provide you with an expedited visa appointment letter. We cannot guarantee that you will be eligible for an expedited appointment. It is up to the individual embassy/consulate to decide your eligibility. You can visit the U.S. State Department’s website at www.travel.state.gov to get more information on the Student Visa application process.
- Documents to bring to the US Embassy
- SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
- Form I-20 (please sign the I-20 with blue ink)
- Passport (valid for at least six months beyond the date you plan to enter the U.S.)
- 2×2 photograph – https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/photos.html
- Original financial documents to prove that you have sufficient funding to study in the U.S., Affidavit of Support if you have a sponsor and the official acceptance letter from Drew University. No more than six months old!
- Admission Letter & Other supporting documents if necessary – log into your Drew Admission Portal – https://admissions.drew.edu/manage/
– *Each Consulate has different requirements, so please go to their website and check with them directly before your scheduled interview.
To find more information and resources on the topic of Visa application, please visit our general Visa Information Page.