Congratulations on your acceptance to the New Jersey Governor’s School in the Sciences program!
Please review and fill out the commitment forms below. For complete program details, please refer to the GSNJS Online Handbook.
To declare your commitment to attend this summer’s program, please print the 2023 Scholar Commitment Form. Check each box on this form to indicate you understand the commitments you are making and then sign and date the form.
Should you decide not to attend the program, we ask that you and your families also complete both forms and indicate your intentions accordingly.
We ask that you please print the 2023 Parent Commitment Form. Check each box on this form to indicate you have read and agree to each item. Then, complete the bottom of the form, including your signature, your address, and your scholar’s name.
Should your scholar decide not to attend the program, we ask that you and your scholar also complete both forms and indicate your intentions accordingly.
TO SCHOLARS AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS
Please submit both forms via Google form. All forms must be received by April 21, 2023, in order to ensure your place in the program. You will receive an email confirmation when you submit your forms. If, for any reason, you are unable to return the forms by April 21, or if you should have any questions, please contact us.
Other Forms & Information
OPENING EVENTS: JULY 16, 2023
The orientation meeting will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 16, 2023, at Crawford Hall in Ehinger Center. You and your parents are invited and strongly urged, to attend an orientation meeting.
INFORMATION AND FORMS
TO ALL SCHOLARS AND PARENTS
This section contains important information about the program. Please read all materials carefully.
2023 Scholar Handbook. Important dates and information about check-in, housing, campus services, and policies.
2023 Course Catalog. Course Descriptions, General Schedule.
2023 Career Day Parent Letter. Invitation to parents to join us at our discussion of careers in the sciences on Saturday morning, July 22, 2023.
Please complete both the Course Selection Survey and Academic Background Survey by June 2nd, 2023. These surveys are linked as Google Forms on the New Jersey Governor’s School in the Sciences website. These surveys will help us place you in your courses for the program. You should have recently received instructions on how to activate your new @drew.edu e-mail account. Please log in with this new “@drew.edu” account to complete the Google Forms. If you have not received an email instruction, please check your “Spam” folder and/or reach out to email@example.com.
Please return signed electronic versions of each of the other forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 2nd, 2023. You can either print, sign, and attach an image of the form, or sign the form electronically and submit it to Google Forms (as a single PDF document). If neither of these options is available to you, please contact us by e-mail, and we will arrange an alternative.
- 2023 Family Checklist Use it to ensure you include everything.
- Course Selection Form Read the Course Catalog carefully and indicate your preferences for courses. We will try to accommodate your choices, but please indicate as many alternate choices as allowed because it is not guaranteed that you will be assigned to your first choice. You will receive your course and room assignments when you register on Opening Day.
- Academic Background Survey Provide us with information about the courses you have taken so that we can properly place you in courses and team projects.
- Declaration Against Plagiarism Pledge academic honesty. This must be completed and signed by the scholar.
- Network User Agreement Read the Drew University policy for the use of the internet. This must be completed and signed by the scholar.
- Responsible use of the Internet This must be completed and signed by the scholar.
- Photo Release Form This must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Valuables Release Form This must be completed and signed by the scholar and parent.
- Health Care and General Health Forms This must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
We will send you a confirmation email when we receive your forms.