Declaration or Change of Major and Minor – College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Student Instructions
To declare or change a major or minor click HERE.
IF THE MAJOR OR MINOR YOU WANT TO DECLARE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE ABOVE LINK, PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS.
If you are trying to drop a concentration, please use the below form.
Step 1: Confirm your current degree in TreeHouse under the Student tab in the Academic Profile box.
Step 2: Submit CLA Degree/Catalog Change Request with your student information and the major or minor you are attempting to request.
Step 3: Wait for the confirmation email from the Office of the Registrar that your record has been updated. Step 4:Submit the major or minor request by clicking here: Declare or Change Major/Minor
Declare or Change Major/Minor Submission Instructions
- Open the Declare or Change Major/Minor form.
- The workflow will display your current Major(s) and Minor(s).
- Under the appropriate heading for the change you want to make (Major Add/Drop or Minor Add/Drop) select an action (Add or Drop) from the “Action” drop-down and select the major/minor from the “Discipline” drop-down and click the ‘Submit” button.
- You will receive a confirmation message that “Your request to [Action, Add or Drop] [Discipline] as your [Major or Minor] has been submitted.” Please see an example below:
- The request will be routed to the appropriate Department Chair for review.
- You will receive an automated email from firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your request has either been Approved or Rejected once the Department Chair submits a decision.