Non-PO Purchases / Processing Payment Requests
Non-PO purchases often referred to as the Payment Request process is a limited-means tool to request payment for goods or services when the transaction does not warrant the issuance of an official purchase order to a vendor or services for which it is the normal practice to pay in advance. The payment request form cannot be used for the processing of transactions in where a purchase order is required.
Non-PO Payment Request Categories
The following categories of payments and services may be requested through the Payment Request process. You can confirm that the good or service is eligible for payment by the payment request process using the Payment Request Matrix. If your request is not eligible to be submitted through the Payment Request process, please contact Procurement Services to discuss alternative options.
- Athletic Fees
- Direct Buy Purchases ≤ $1K
- Facilities and Campus Operations Related Repairs (Unplanned, Emergency)
- Internship (Off-Campus)
- Memberships and Dues
- Out of Pocket Reimbursement
- Performance and Entertainment Services (Artistic, Speakers and Lecturers) < $2K
- Prize / Awards
- Student Work Compensation (Non-Employee)
How to Initiate a Payment Request
Online: Payment is initiated via the Procurement portal in Treehouse and submitted through workflow with the invoice and any additional documentation.
Be sure to:
- Refer to the payment request matrix to determine if the request is a purchase order or payment request.
- Use the proper account code.
- Electronically submit required supporting documents with the payment request.