Tips & Tricks
- Try to arrive ON move-in day to avoid missing parts of the orientation or having to stay at a hotel to wait for the residential halls to open for move-in.
- Please note that due to immigration policies, you will not be allowed into the U.S. more than 30 days before the start date on your I-20
- Check out the Drew academic calendar. This comes in handy for booking your returning flight and for planning how to spend your holiday and Spring breaks.
There are three close-by airports for you to choose from.
- NEWARK AIRPORT [The Best Option]– Taking a taxi, Uber, or Lyft is the easiest way to get from the airport to Drew University. On the baggage claim level, there is a station for taxis. My Limo offers taxi service to Drew University from Newark (about $65 plus tip and tolls). Please make prior arrangements with My Limo if you want a taxi service to meet you outside the Customs area at the airport. If you can’t make prior arrangements there are usually plenty of other taxis at the airport, but the fare may be higher. Make sure you agree with the taxi driver on the fare, plus tolls, before you leave the airport.
- J.F.K. AIRPORT [A Viable Option]– It is also possible to get to Drew from JFK airport by taxi. “Airport Express Taxi offers services to Drew for $105 plus $15.75 tip and $1.00 per bag. Please make prior arrangements. From US – 1-888-566-6665. Outside US – 1-973-701-7884. There is also an area for taxis in case you could not make prior arrangements. These fares could be as high as $160.00 plus a 15% tip and tolls ($16). Make sure to arrange the price before you leave in the taxi. Most taxi drivers only take US dollars, not credit cards or traveler checks.
- LAGUARDIA AIRPORT [To Be Avoided]
- Important Note: You should have your I-20 and financial certification documents to show the Port of Entry officer when you enter the U.S. If you have problems entering the country and the officer wants to speak with a representative from Drew University, you can call Campus Security 24/7 @ (973) 408-3111.