We Invite Your Membership
Membership not only supports Center programs and events, but also offers the opportunity to join the network of those dedicated to remembering the past and safe-guarding the future. It includes numerous occasions to meet survivors, liberators, Holocaust/genocide scholars, and educators. Membership year is July 1 through June 30. Contributions of $50 or higher entitle membership to the Center for Holocaust/Genocide Study at Drew University.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION HELPS THE CENTER TO:
- Underwrite preeminent scholars to speak at campus-community programs;
- Offer education programs for the community, including an annual study seminar;
- Support academic opportunities for Drew University students taking courses having to do with the Holocaust or genocide;
- Present annual programs in commemoration of Kristallnacht (every November) and Yom HaShoah (every April/May);
- Preserve archival material related to the Holocaust at the Drew University Archives;
- Sponsor performances, films, art exhibits reflecting the Center’s mission; and
- Underwrite administrative expenditures necessary for the Center’s work.
The Imre Farkass Scroll of Honor
The Imre Farkass Scroll of Honor is named for Imre Farkass (1919-2000) who was officially designated “Righteous among the Nations” in 1997 by Yad V’shem in Israel for risking his life to save persecuted Jews during the Holocaust in Hungary. Individuals who contribute $250 or more are automatically included.
For more information on becoming a member, contact the Center at 973-408-3600 or send us an email: email@example.com.