Welcome to the CAE!
The Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) is a vital part of your student success network. With support in areas such as subject tutoring (e.g. Math, Science, Humanities, etc.), writing, academic coaching and accessibility resources, we take pride in supporting your academic plans and goals.
We take pride in collaborating with faculty, staff, and advisors to help you stay on track and meet your academic goals. We value the reciprocal nature of knowledge and promote respect for the diverse talents, beliefs and backgrounds of members of the Drew community, which is at the core of a true liberal arts education.
CAE support resources are offered at no extra cost to all Drew students, faculty, and staff.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to coordinate support for students to ensure their academic success, retention and graduation.
In providing direct academic support, we seek the following outcomes for all our students:
- Students will be highly motivated to achieve their academic potential
- Students will demonstrate confidence in their decision to pursue an academic career at Drew
The CAE's Hours of Operation & Location
CAE Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 4:00PM – 10:00PM
While the CAE hosts some of its tutoring online, we also have physical locations, a main hub and satellite spaces on campus. Alongside our normal online offerings, our physical locations offer subject tutoring, writing support and academic coaching. The main hub of the CAE is located in Drew’s library on the first floor, Room 124.
Our administrative office that supports the processes associated with a number of university policies is located in Brothers College, Room 114.
Consult the campus map: Drew Campus Map
CAE Academic Support
- Trained subject tutors are ready to review course material with you and help you prepare for assignments and exams. The CAE provides tutoring for most courses and makes every effort to arrange for tutoring in other courses through special requests.
- Students from all schools (CLA, CSGS, THEO) can get help with writing tasks at any stage of the writing process, including brainstorming and organizing ideas, structuring a paper, drafting and revising, and editing grammar and syntax.
- Is procrastination your Achilles’ heel? Need to improve your study skills? Not sure what notes you should be taking? A peer Academic Coach will work with you to help bolster your areas of weakness and help you develop skills for success.
For more information on subject tutoring, writing support, and academic coaching, go to the Academic Support Resources page.
CAE Administrative Support
The CAE administrative office (BC 114) manages the following CLA processes.
The CAE supports processes associated with a number of university policies as per the forms listed HERE.
- Absence Verifications
- Academic Alerts (Beacon)
- Academic Integrity
- Leave of Absence/Withdrawals
- Petitions to the Academic Standing Committee
- (including late course add or withdrawals)