3. Stop Printing Your Email
Printing does not equal saving. Email is already storable, savable, and sendable. Plus mobile options these days give you easy access to email and calendars.
4. PDFs Are the New Paper
Portable Document Format, or PDFs are the new paper. “Save as” or print directly to PDF. Scan paper originals to use, save, or distribute instead of making paper copies.
- Practice double sided printing (duplex)
- Set paper margins to 0.5 inches
- Visit this link for more ideas
To share additional tips to “Keep it on the Screen” and conserve paper, email
Reduce Your Margins
These instructions are specifically for Office 2007, where all margins are set to 1 inch, but printers can still print pages with smaller margins.
Each user must manually change their page margins. To change your default margin settings:
- Open Word. A blank page will show.
- Click Page Layout
- Click Margins and at the bottom of that menu, click Custom Margins.
- Set your desired Margin preferences (set to 0.5″ all around) and on the bottom left , click default.
- You will be asked if you want to change the default settings, click yes.
- Now every time you open Word, that blank page will display with your new margin settings.
Please note some professors prefer 1″ margins. Ask your professor what margins they prefer for turning in reports.
Did you know…
The page margin settings for Office 2003 are 1.5 inches on the left and right margins!