Vendor Code of Conduct
Vendors doing business with the University are expected to adhere to the following Vendor Code of Conduct:
- All purchase of goods and services from outside vendors are to be preceded by the issuance of an official Purchase Order generated by the Office of Procurement Services that is then provided to the vendor. An official Purchase Order begins with the prefix “P00” and includes the signature of the Director of Procurement Services.
- All invoices should be sent directly to Accounts Payable. Invoices should not be sent until after the product has been shipped or the service has been performed and must reference the appropriate “P00” number. Accounts Payable will make sure departments receive a copy of the invoices whenever their approval is required prior to payment.
- In doing business with Drew University, vendors and representatives are expected to honor all business commitments and display professional behavior, fairness, and reliability in all business transactions.
- The term Preferred Vendor at Drew University is reserved only for vendors that Procurement Services has established a formal contract or agreement with on behalf of the University.
- The appropriate way to conduct business with Drew University is to call and schedule an appointment prior to visiting a particular department or administrative office.
- It is inappropriate for a vendor to make a donation of any sort to a department that may influence a future purchasing decision.
- Procurement Services reserves the right to utilize third party benchmarking services when analyzing proposals and quotes submitted by vendors.
- Procurement Services reserves the right to request a detailed spend report from any registered vendor in the Drew University financial system. Requested reports must be provided in a timely manner.
The University reserves the right to withhold payment or inactivate a vendor in its financial system if they do not abide by the above.