Where They’re Going: Daniel Viera C’22

“From originally starting my collegiate career as an intended biology major, I was able to explore my options…and eventually reached a decision to pursue the arts through my photography post-undergrad.”

May 2022 – We’re taking a look at where some of the Drew University College of Liberal Arts Class of 2022 is heading.

Daniel Viera C’22

Spanish major, Italian studies and photography double minor

Member of ARIEL and club soccer team; RA; tour guide and tour guide coordinator for Admissions; athletic events assistant for Athletics Department

Where he’s going

Viera will attend the International Center of Photography’s one-year certification program in the center’s creative practices program.

Strong guidance

“Professors, peers, faculty, and staff have all had major impacts on my path of success during my time at Drew and for what awaits me after graduation. From originally starting my collegiate career as an intended biology major, I was able to explore my options through the many meetings and conversations I have had and eventually reached a decision to pursue the arts through my photography post-undergrad.”

Giving back

“I am a member of the Frances B. Seller’s Educational Opportunity Scholars program, which provides opportunities for traditionally underrepresented demographics. In my first year at Drew, as part of the Summer College Program in 2019, I worked as a mentor for high schoolers from working class backgrounds in New York’s five boroughs. We gave our students a simulation of college life and demonstrated that they too can be college bound students.”

more on the class of 2022