Drew University Class of 2024 Outcomes: Michaela Kazimierczyk C’24

Pursuing a PharmD at Fairleigh Dickinson University

May 2024 – As Drew University’s 2024 Commencement nears, we’re taking a look at where some of our outstanding soon-to-be-grads are headed.

Michaela Kazimierczyk C’24, a biology major with a minor in sociology, participated in the Drew Summer Science Institute (DSSI) this past summer in Dr. Marvin Bayne’s lab. She is involved in the RISE program doing immersive research also with Dr. Bayne. Further, she has worked for the Center for Academic Excellence as an academic tutor in sociology for two years. 

Where she’s headed:
Kazimierczyk will attend Fairleigh Dickinson University to obtain her Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).

On her time at Drew:
Drew helped me prepare for the pharmacy program by providing me with classes that were taught by professors who truly care about their students and always expect the very best from you. That contributed to me being a hard-working and diligent student which is going to be a very important skill for me in graduate school.

“Also, the opportunity that I had to work in the lab and do research introduced me to new lab techniques I had not worked before with in lab classes I have taken here. At Drew, I developed a skill set needed in a lab setting such as how to properly take notes of my work, how to use the equipment, and how to communicate my results to others.”