Drew University Class of 2024 Outcomes: Carlie Chisolm C’24

Pursuing a Masters in National Security at Texas A&M’s Bush School (Washington, DC)

May 2024 – As Drew University’s 2024 Commencement nears, we’re taking a look at where some of our outstanding soon-to-be-grads are headed.

Carlie Chisolm is an international relations major and triple major in psychology, Middle East studies, and law, justice, and society. She took part in the New York Semester on the United Nations and a shortTREC to South Africa on the psychology of group conflict and reconciliation. Throughout her time at Drew, Chisolm has worked in the Drew Rangers’ athletic training room as a student aid.

Where she’s headed: Chisolm will head to Washington, D.C., as part of the Texas A&M University’s Bush School of Government and Public Service, focused on national security.

On her time at Drew: “[Associate Professor of Political Science and International Relations and Director of the New York Semester on the United Nations] Carlos Yordan and [Associate Dean of Faculty in Arts & Sciences and Professor of Psychology] Jill Cermele, who led my global ed programs in New York and South Africa, had a huge impact on my education and my grad school plans. The South Africa trip was a truly life-changing experience.

“[Assistant Teaching Professor of Political Science and International Relations Tim] Carter, along with Professor Yordan, have impacted my future plans. The freedom they gave within their classes to conduct research on topics that the students were interested in was great. Professor Carter, Professor Yordan, and [Associate Professor and Chair of Psychology G. Scott] Morgan all wrote recommendation letters that helped get me into my dream graduate school and I am so grateful for them!

“My experience at Drew has been absolutely wonderful and I am so grateful to soon be an alumni!”