Proximity to NYC Brought Transfer Student Dominique Cobb C’25 to Drew University

“Coming to this school is one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life”

May 2024 – Dominique Cobb C’25, who started her undergraduate journey at the College of Southern Maryland, decided she wanted to transfer to a university with a close proximity to New York City.

Cobb started researching schools in New Jersey and came across Drew University. “I fell in love with the pictures from the website,” said Cobb.

A smooth transfer experience and a generous transfer scholarship solidified Cobb’s decision to make the move to Drew. “A lot of schools do not offer as much financial aid to transfer students as Drew does,” she said.

Cobb is now a marketing major with minors in history and law, justice & society and is an active member of the Drew community. She has held the position of social media director for Alpha Phi Omega—which garnered her best communicator recognition. She is also the business manager for The Acorn and founder and co-president of the Pre-Law Society. 

Is she happy with her decision to transfer to Drew? I love Drew,” answered Cobb. “Coming to this school is one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life. I have made so many lifelong friendships at this school. I have had many opportunities such as gaining a mentor, job opportunities on campus, and establishing my own club at Drew.”

We’d say so.

When asked if she could offer any advice to students considering a transfer to Drew, she provided some solid pointers. “Don’t be afraid to be yourself,” she said. “As an older student, I constantly worried about fitting in and making friends. I learned that making friends at Drew is as easy as breathing. Everyone is so nice and kind, you can definitely find people here who will love and accept you as you are.”

Cobb aspires to go to law school after graduation with the goal of becoming a lawyer in New York or New Jersey.