Drew Family Ties: The Scansaroli Family

“Drew University is an academic leader in higher education and it was my first choice when looking at colleges”

February 2023 – Anastasia Scansaroli C’27 was searching for an academically strong university. She knew she would find what she was seeking at Drew University.

“Drew is an academic leader in higher education and it was my first choice when looking at colleges,” said Scansaroli.

Her father and Drew alum, Steven J. Scansaroli C’97, found success in business, which he attributes to his Drew education. “My father has always spoken very highly of his Drew experience, the relationships he made, and his ability to think broadly due to the education received,” she said.

“Moreover, several other Drew graduates are friends of my parents and all have very productive, successful careers.”

Strong academics and a family history were enough to pique Scansaroli’s interest in Drew, but a campus visit solidified her decision.

“As soon as I set foot on campus two years ago for an in-person information session, not only did it just feel right, but the people and prospective students, teachers, and admission staff were great too!” she said.

“Our beautiful campus, in addition to the strong liberal arts education, activities, and extra academic perks—such as the writing center, and professors having extensive office hours—all were additional factors that made Drew the place for me.”

Scansaroli plans to declare her major in business with a concentration in finance. Her goal is to become a corporate attorney specializing in mergers and acquisitions and contracts. “I plan on participating in the awesome Wall Street Semesters to broaden my educational experience,” she said.

“I am very proud to be a legacy student at Drew University.”

DREW LEGACY STORIES