Drew University Class of 2024 Outcomes: Carly Smith C’24

Pursuing a Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Drexel University

May 2024 – Drew University’s Class of 2024 has graduated, so we’re taking a look at where they’re headed.

Carly Smith, a biochemistry and molecular biology major, participated in the Research Institute of Scientists Emeriti (RISE), the Drew Summer Science Institute (DSSI), was a member of the Gamma Sigma Epsilon Chemistry Honors Society, played women’s lacrosse, and worked in the Drew Rangers Athletics Department.

Where she’s headed: Smith will pursue a doctorate in physical therapy from Drexel University on a Dean’s Scholarship.

On her time at Drew: “Drew provided so much flexibility in course options within my major once I gained the groundwork knowledge I needed to be successful in higher level classes. I decided to take anatomy and endocrinology which allowed me to figure out that I wanted to pursue a career in healthcare while allowing me to stay on track with my major. My peers in the major were able to take courses such as virology, biology of cancer, and analytical chemistry which aligned to their particular interests.”