Choir Registration Form for Spring 2022
Students must also register online
for either MUS 110 or MUS 215
The Music Department is home to a dynamic Choral & Vocal Studies program, providing students, faculty, staff, and community members with a variety of opportunities to sing at Drew:
- Chorale (MUS 215): The Drew Chorale is a mixed-voice (SATB) chamber choir whose singers rehearse and perform choral repertoire from a wide variety of styles and historical eras. Admission is by audition.
Rehearsals are Tuesdays, 7-9pm & Thursdays, 5:30-6:30pm
- Choral Union (MUS 110): The Drew University Choral Union is Drew’s community chorus, open not only to students, but to faculty, staff, and community members. This mixed-voice (SATB) choir focuses on major works with orchestra and is the university’s largest choral ensemble.
Rehearsals are Tuesdays, 7-9pm
Private Voice Lessons (MUS 109 & 325)
Students also have the option of taking voice lessons with one of our several private instructors. A fee will be assessed for all students enrolled in private instruction. See our Private Lessons page for more information on registering for private instruction.
New Student Assessment
In order to determine the best fit for each student, each new singer will be assessed at the beginning of their first semester of voice study in our program. The purpose of this assessment is to get to know you and determine how we can craft the best vocal and choral experience for you at Drew. You do not need to prepare anything in advance for the assessment.
Ensembles and private lessons are courses, which means that all undergraduate students must register for the appropriate course in order to participate. Variable credit options are offered, including zero credit, to provide students with the flexibility to fit ensembles or lessons into their schedules without causing credit overloads. Expectations for attendance and participation apply to all participants, regardless of the number of credits for which they are registered.
Students involved in vocal and choral activities at Drew have several opportunities to perform in our world-class Concert Hall:
- Department’s Works-in-Progress Concerts, held several times per semester
- Performances with Chorale and Choral Union
- Junior or Senior Recitals