There is a small pool of loaner computers available for the Drew community to borrow.
- Loaners are available on a limited basis to students, staff and faculty of Drew University.
- For faculty and staff, University Technology (UT) provides loaner computers when they are available, and only if a Banner FOAP (fund and org) is provided.
- Loaners must be requested via the forms below (login required) at least 24 hours in advance of requested pickup.
- Loaners will not be approved or issued outside of regular business hours (Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm).
- A photo ID must be presented at time of pickup and delivery of a loaner.
- Loaners must be picked up within 5 business days of issuance or requested start date or they will be rescinded.
- If the supply of loaner computers is low, loaners may be limited to students who have a specific academic reason for computing use.
- If contacted by UT, loanees have two days to respond to requests for action or information before being charged.
- Loaners can be kept for a maximum of two weeks.
- University Technology offers loaner computers, as explained above. We do not have and cannot provide loaner power cords/chargers, batteries, or other peripheral adapters or accessories.
LOANER RETURN PROCESS
- For loaners when the Helpdesk has a Drew-assigned computer for repair: Upon return of the assigned computer from the manufacturer, the computer will be checked to make sure it is functional. The customer will be contacted and will have 2 business days to return the loaner to the University Technology Helpdesk.
- Drew users are responsible for checking their voicemail and email for notification of repair completion and then have 2 business days to return the loaner. If there are extenuating circumstances and the customer cannot pick up the computer at this time, customers should contact the Helpdesk to make alternate arrangements. Failure to do so will result in a $10-per-day fee that will be placed against the student’s account or departmental account, as appropriate. Fees will not be assessed for days that the UT Helpdesk is not open.
- Returns must be made to the UT Helpdesk during open hours.
- Loaner users take full responsibility for securing the loaner from damage, loss or theft, and agree to pay the full cost of repair or replacement of the loaner for any damage, loss, or theft not covered by warranty.
- Students/employees are responsible for the safe return of all components signed for on the original receipt of their loaners. Any missing or damaged parts will be billed to their account at cost of labor and replacement plus 10% or $10, whichever is smaller.
- Any data left on the loaner computer will be erased and the configuration reset for the next loaner user. We will not guarantee the storage or restoration of data from the loaner, but will provide assistance in transferring data from the loaner to the user’s network drives or the user’s computer upon or before the return of the loaner.
LOANER REQUEST FORM LINKS
STUDENTS should fill out a STUDENT Loaner Request.
FACULTY AND STAFF should fill out a FACULTY/STAFF Loaner Request.