Committee of faculty, staff, trustees, administration and alumni will name interim president
May 2020 – The Board of Trustees of Drew University has established a search committee to name an interim president to lead the University when President MaryAnn Baenninger steps down on July 31. The committee, made up of representatives from across the University, has already convened to begin their work.
The search committee includes faculty, staff, trustees, administration and alumni. The group aims to identify a transformational interim leader who will continue to build on the University’s recent progress and guide Drew through the challenging and drastically changing higher education landscape.
“As a committee we’re looking for an individual who shares our enthusiasm and our passion for Drew,” said Angela B. Gerken P’15, chair of the search committee. “We seek an individual who believes, as we do, that Drew has a very bright future.”
The committee includes:
- Sarah Abramowitz, Professor and Department Chair, Mathematics, College of Liberal Arts and Caspersen School of Graduate Studies
- Kristin Bruno-Bates C’08, Assistant Director, Conferences & Events; Chair, Drew Staff Association
- D. Stuart Dunnan, Trustee and Chair, Enrollment Committee
- Fredrick Fuest C’65, P’02,’08, Trustee and Chair, Audit & Risk Management Committee
- Jessica Lakin, Associate Provost for Administration; Provost-elect
- Mark Miller P’23, Associate Professor, Church Music, Drew Theological School
- Angela B. Gerken P’15, Trustee and Chair, Buildings & Grounds Committee; Chair, Search Committee
- Bishop John Schol, Trustee and Chair, Theological Advisory Committee
- Bret Silver, Vice President for University Advancement
- Vanessa L. Van Brunt C’92, Trustee and Chair, Academic Affairs Committee