#Drew23 Welcomes Michael, Lydia and Nate

‘I feel like I’ll have personal connections with my teachers.’

Michael Bickford
Newton North High School
Newtonville, Mass.

Why Drew?

“I like how Drew puts a focus on internships and outside of classroom experiences to help prepare students for the outside world. Also, I love the campus and the fencing coach really sold me on joining the Drew Rangers fencing team.”

About Michael

Michael shines in calculus and fencing, having competed nationally and in the Junior Olympics. He’s also an Eagle Scout who received a meritorious service award for leading a chapter of another youth group, DeMolay. In addition, he produced a video about full-day kindergarten that earned honorable mention from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Michael enjoys improv, camping and video games.

Lydia Horner
Saint Joseph Academy
Cleveland

Why Drew?

“The science program was something that made it special for me. And the campus is so beautiful that I instantly fell in love with it. Drew also gave me an outlet for my passion for service.”

About Lydia

Science, literature and running are among Lydia’s passions. At Saint Joseph, she ran cross-country and track and led a club that tutored elementary school children during lunch breaks. Later, she mentored and tutored middle-schoolers for City Year. Lydia loves being outdoors, be it running, reading or painting—“even though I’m not that good!”

Nate Stephen
Collegiate School
Richmond, Va.

Why Drew?

“I wanted a college that would be far enough away from my hometown while also providing benefits for education and potential job pursuits. Drew is also small enough that I feel like I’ll have personal connections with my teachers as opposed to the giant lecture halls you would get from other colleges.”

About Nate

Nate excels at history, having taken honors and AP courses in high school. He also loves soccer, playing it both outdoors or indoors. Twice he became MVP of the Collegiate’s soccer team, and as a senior, he was named to an all-tournament team.

See also